Thursday 18 February 2010

The value of the goods in my house

I was watching the discovery channel the other day and they were talking about different security alarm systems the army are using at their bases around the world. It was quite fascinating to think the money that the government is putting into such things.

Mind you the army does have quite a bit of expensive materials that they wish to keep as safe as possible. It got me thinking the equations of should you be spending money on a security alarm system that is relevant to the value of goods in your house?

If that is the case then I wonder what the rule would be. Would it be security alarm system = value of goods / 100? Even if it was that, I would have to spend some more on my alarm as it only cost me around 50 dollars to begin with.

I am pretty certain that the value of my goods is more than $500! Though I could be wrong math was never my strong point lol!

But the money the government were putting into their security was insane, we are talking billions and billions of dollars. Crazy money but like I say, when you are trying to protect fighter jets etc you need to really invest in your security systems.

Now if only I had a plane, I would fly away from this god forsaken street. Just heard news of another break in 4 doors down from me. Apparently they stole pretty much everything in the house.

I keep advocating the use of having a burglar alarm installed somewhere in the house or at the very least have a burglar light outside your house to off put any would be criminal. So far it has helped me out.

That is a good way to end this post by asking what measures you take to make sure your home is safe. What are you doing to improve your home security? I would love to know, later ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment